Engaging Professionals on contractual basis for the implementation of Green Highways Program of Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Process for engaging Professionals on contractual basis
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH), GoI has recently promulgated Green Highways (Plantation, Transplantation, Beautification and Maintenance) Policy-2015. The policy envisions "development of eco-friendly National Highways with participation of the Community, Farmers, NGOs, Private Sector, Institutions, Government Agencies and the Forest Department for economic growth and development in a sustainable manner."
- The policy envisions participatory approach for development of green corridors along highways, which will help in sequestering GHG emissions and will also create millions of man-days' of employment for rural people. Moreover, for the quick roll out of the scheme MoRTH has entrusted the responsibility of implementing entire Green Highways Program to National Green Highways Mission (NGHM) under National Highways Authority of India.
- NGHM intends to engage professionals on contractual basis for the implementation of Green Highways Program of MoRTH. It is proposed to appoint Plantations Managers for Project Implementation Unit (123) of NHAI and one Regional Plantation Consultant at Regional Office (19) of NHAI.
- All interested candidate are advised to submit their online application on email@example.com. As the vacancies are spread across India, it is advised that candidates give their preference at the time of submission of application. The last date for submitting the application will be 15th of every month.
- First Phase: The list of candidates fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria will be published on website nationalgreenhighways.org latest by 23rd of each month.
- Field Offices of NHAI will conduct interviews(Personal / Teleconferencing) of only shortlisted candidates of the first phase. Field Offices are not bound to take interview of all shortlisted candidates, candidates who have opted for particular state/states will only be considered for the interview.
- The candidates selected through the interview process will be engaged on contractual basis of 11 months extendable based on performance,
Candidates engaged with NGHM will be eligible for monthly emoluments at par with industry standards. For reference purpose these are the three broad categories in which candidates can expect their monthly emoluments
||Monthly Emoluments (INR)
||0 to 2 years
||Plantations Manager / Regional Plantations Consultants
||2 to 5 years
||Regional Plantations Consultant
||More than 5 years
NGHM may at any stage alter the compensation structure, however the minimum compensation every category will remain the same.
Apart from the monthly emoluments candidates will be eligible for TA/DA as per the standard norms. No other perks will be provided by NGHM.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Minimum eligibility criteria for different posts is mentioned below
||Post-Graduation / Graduation in forestry / agriculture and horticulture background
||0 to 2 years
||Candidates possessing degree from IIFM / IIPM/ ICFRE and other nationally accredited institutions will be preferred
||Regional Plantations Consultant – II
||2 to 5 years
||Regional Plantations Consultant – I
||More than 5 years
||Retired Forest / Horticulture/ Agriculture dept. will be preferred
- NGHM believes in providing equal opportunity to all members of the society and hence requests female, economically backward and other reserved categories to participate in the process.
- In case of any conflict decision of NGHM will be final and binding.
- NGHM at its sole discretion may abandon the whole process at any point of time.
Roles & Responsibility for Plantations Manager/ Senior Plantations Manager
- Planning & Strategy
- Assessment of current status of median & avenue plantation on existing highway projects in respective RO/PIU and suggest remedial measure.
- Development of Site-specific project proposal for plantation project.
- Develop action plan for project implementation.
- Implementation & Monitoring
- Coordinate with Project Implementing Agency (Concessionaire, Local communities/JFMC etc) for effective implementation and monitoring ofplantation projects.
- Submit weekly assessment report on project implementation to respective RO &HQ.
- Organize onsite training & awareness programs in coordination with ManagerResearch &Training.
- Coordinate with Plantation Agencies for effective implementation of plantationprojects.
- Facilitate research agencies in quantification of environment and social benefits ofthe projects.
- Liaison with Agro forestry industries for developing institutional arrangements forbuy back of sustainable harvest from plantations.