NATIONAL GREEN HIGHWAYS MISSION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
National Green Highways Mission Internship Program (NIP) offers eligible students across the world, an opportunity to acquire direct exposure and practical experience to the Green Highways Projects (GHPs) under the direct supervision of experienced NGHM staff. NGHM Internship Program offers individuals to share skills & gain useful experience in Green Highway Projects.
The internship offers opportunity to intern to work on a specific project or topic within the GHP. National Green Highways Mission (NGHM) internship is a fantastic opportunity for students to gain valuable experience in the sector while gaining accreditation towards the completion of relevant studies.
Internship positions are filled by students who are working towards or have just completed an academic course of study. Interns will usually have a specific focus to complete a particular task or project as part of their academic course. This may involve research, report writing, database management and field exercise.
Interns provide invaluable support to NGHM and contribute in enriching capacity of NGHM and its partners in achieving organizational goals. NGHM benefits by getting assistance from knowledgeable, skilled and experienced students who bring diversity of ideas from around the world. In return, internship offers the intern an opportunity to share skills and gain useful experience in Green Highway Projects. Interns also benefit by forming valuable personal and professional relationship that could last for a lifetime.There are also opportunities for learning & skill development to obtain advice on career development issues; to receive feedback on your performance, to receive acknowledgement for your work with NGHM including formal reference, if required.
We are committed to ensuring individuals are treated consistently and equitably irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, political, religious or philosophical allegiance, physical ability, family status, age or sexual orientation
OBJECTIVE OF NGHM INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- To provide a framework to students by which their educational experience is enhanced through practical work assignments
- To expose them to the work of the organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of NGHM’s goals, principles and activities
- To expose them to government set up and environment sector
- To provide NGHM office with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree course with minimum one year of completed education in the degree course by the time of Internship initiation
- Should have written & spoken proficiency in English. Proficiency in Hindi & local language will be added advantage for Indian students who would like to work in field locations
- Have interest in working in the field of environment, climate change, plantations, forestry, etc.
- Should be open to travel within India
- Should be able to obtain necessary visas, arrange travel to India and have medical insurance (for overseas students)
INTERNSHIP DATES & DURATION
- Interns are selected on a competitive basis assessing their qualifications, experience and interest
- Even if a candidate meets the above stated eligibility criteria, there is no guarantee to Internship availability
- Qualified candidates will be kept in NGHM database & will be approached as and when an opportunity matching their profile & interests arises
- Duration of Internship at NGHM varies and is between 4 weeks to 6 month depending on the terms of reference
- Internship is open throughout the year
- Interested candidates should indicate clearly in the internship application form:
Internships assignments are available on part time & full time basis
HOW TO APPLY
- Dates for undertaking internship
- Preferred functional area
- Location preference, if any (head office &/or field office in India)
All NGHM internships are not paid internships. The financial assistance varies for each project and intern depending on internship type, nominating institution and financial support from nominating institution / government. Monthly stipend, if any, is communicated to each intern after selection.
All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions
- Visa: Intern will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance travel to the duty station (New Delhi). Any official travel out of the duty station is not permissible unless it is indicated in the internship. NGHM will covers for all expenses incurred for travel to field locations as part of internship with basic support for boarding and lodging in field locations. It is based on actuals as per NGHM norms.
- Medical Insurance: Intern will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship, and must show proof of a valid global medical insurance coverage before the start of journey (for foreign nationals).
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship, and may not publish any documents based on such information.